Lancaster University – NEW Postgraduate Certificate in Business Management with Energy and Fuels from Waste
Now recruiting for September 2013
Lancaster University would like to introduce their new Postgraduate Certificate in Business Management with Energy and Fuels from Waste(EFFW) – a combination of flexible technology training with professional development for career progression.
- Integral site visits across the North West to illuminate the theory
- Solutions for managing energy from waste and resource recovery opportunities
- Develop leadership skills to empower your team and move your organisation forward
- Designed to be accessible to non-experts
- Leads to a Postgraduate Certificate with progress options to an MSc
- Delivered by practitioners who are experts in their field
Details of the Energy from Waste Technical Modules and Business Management Module options are available here.
Who is it for?
The part-time course is designed for business people and senior managers from a wide range of interested parties and sectors including:
- Power Generators, Utilities and Fuel Producers
- Policymakers, Analysts and Consultants
- Members of local government with responsibility for waste planning
- The waste management industry; energy intensive industries; developers and technology providers
- Waste generators (e.g. supermarkets, financiers, project developers and legal professionals.
On successful completion you will be awarded a Lancaster University Postgraduate Certificate in Business Management with Energy and Fuels from Waste. If you wish you can then progress via work based projects to a Postgraduate Diploma or an MSc.
Assessments are based on applying your learning to work based activities so they are highly relevant and useful, and there are no exams!
Lancaster University recognise prior learning and experience; there are no formal entry requirements and you don’t necessarily need a degree to apply.
“The course is well-structured and well-presented, touching upon the key technical, financial and political issues the EFW sector is faced with. Delivered through a balance of interactive lectures from practising professionals and from site visits to operational plants, the course provides a great platform for people new and old within the sector to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of the industry.” Steve Conry, Landfill Gas Area Manager, Viridor.